Accredited Manual Handling Training Course
Our Manual Handling Training Courses are half-day courses delivered at your place of work.Fit4Work’s knowledge of human anatomy coupled with our ability to identify the effects of high risk activities on the body make our Manual Handling Training Course unique. As our trainers are Chartered Physiotherapists and have treated musculoskeletal injuries for many years, they are able to provide you with detailed information as to how injuries occur and how to prevent them.
The Manual Handling Training Course is theory-based and offers practical participation.
Who is the Manual Handling Training Course aimed at?
The Manual Handling Training Course will provide delegates with knowledge of basic manual handling techniques. When implemented, these techniques can reduce the chance of accidents and ill health and ultimately increase productivity in the workplace.
Manual Handling Training Course: Content
- Manual handling regulations
- The effects of careless and unskilled handling methods
- Anatomy of the spine and the effects of bad handling techniques on the body
- Video presentations analysing incorrect handling techniques
- Core stability muscles: activating them to help stabilise the spine when lifting, carrying and lowering
- Practical handling of loads to ensure good technique is learnt
- Back care management: discussion, demonstration and participation of suitable exercises to promote and maintain a healthy spine while at work and at home